Monday, January 17, 2011

And just like that...they're gone!

Acceptance: Tidal Basin Review (1 poem)
Acceptance: PANK (2 poems accepted for online & 1 for print)
Acceptance: Poetry Quarterly (2 poems)

And I have no more poems left to submit.

That's crazy. And I feel really blessed that these editors received my work well this time.

I'm posting all of this because I want people (especially poets) to know what it's like to put yourself out there if you don't already, that it isn't impossible to get published, that rejection happens and though it sucks, acceptance feels amazing.

But you have to keep pressing send (I do a lot of electronic subs lol). Or you have to keep licking, stamping, and mailing them out because your voice matters.

In rejection news, Anti- gave me a no today.

Now to go through the process of withdrawing my work from all over the lit mag kingdom.

Kisses to the poems in the slush piles!

5 comments:

Luke Johnson said...

Congrats! PANK is one of my faves, for sure.

Jennifer said...

wonderful!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Professor J!

evelyn.n.alfred said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
evelyn.n.alfred said...

So you submitted to these places before and they rejected you, but are now accepting you? That's fantastic.

I'll drink a soda in your honor (any excuse will do).