Monday, March 10, 2008

Speaking of Submission

So...I don't think it's healthy to fully submit to love. Like to totally give yourself over to the goal of being with someone. That's where I've gone wrong in the past and it hasn't gotten me anywhere in the companionship department.

I'm still healing from the end of a 2 year relationship and every time I've tried to start dating someone else, I can't go through with it and it's been almost a year. I guess I'm just not ready. I want to be ready for when I'm ready though. So here's a list of my ideal partner's traits:

1. He's honest
2. He treats me how he wants to be treated
3. He's in pursuit of his passions. Goes after what he wants, including me
4. He is independent
5. Oh he's GOT to have a GREAT sense of humor.
6. He has to laugh at my jokes lol.
7. Self-aware
8. Trys to better himself.
9. Not afraid to show me how he feels.


Blah.

We shall see.

No comments: