Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Doot-doot-do <---That's Waiting's Soundtrack

I am totally and completely in limbo now. But you know what the omnipotent "they" says about "the best-laid plans of mice and men" and all that. So I was hoping to be doing my waiting for MFA notifications while overseas on an internship. The security clearance process is taking a long time so who knows when I'll be leaving. So instead of alleviating waiting stress, this internship added itself to the list of things I'm waiting to find out about!

All things considered, I'm extremely blessed. I didn't consider that some people weren't able to apply to as many MFA programs as they would have liked for financial reasons. I'm not rich or even middle-class anymore after going back to school full-time, but I was able to pull it off. Let me try to add up what I spent:

GRE: $140
Sending GRE Scores: $160
Transcripts: $320
Application Fees: $660
Total: $1280

They say(there's the omnipotent they again) that you get what you put out back ten-fold or something like that. So hopefully I'll get a fellowship or stipend worth at least $12,800 lol. I'll report back here with how that turns out, of course. Wait for it.

No comments: