Sunday, November 30, 2008

My name is Me and I have a problem...

So I've been wasting time doing two things:

1) Reading the "Damn, I didn't get in!" thread on the Poets & Writers message board. I started reading it to keep myself grounded and preparing myself for inevitable rejections. I've read all 47 pages a few times. I don't know what's up with that but I vow to stop. I get it. Everyone doesn't get in everywhere. I need to cut this out.

2) Reading the "I'm In!" thread on Poets & Writers. I read this to get all excited about this process that is quickly becoming mentally draining to me. So I'm on my second time through this lengthy thread and vowing to quit this addiction too.

Here you have my admission that I have a problem. I guess I'm feeling like it's possible to actually prepare to go through a life-changing process such as the MFA application process so I'm doing ridiculous things in the name of it. I'm stopping.

So yeah, I would think that just reading this, my own blog, would be enough to remind me of the possibility of rejection and acceptance. That's what this blog has been all about! I'm an idiot.

Yeah so, my apps will be all done this week as soon as I get my check and can pay the fees. I've got final exams, papers, and short stories to write over the next 2 weeks and then I've got a glorious cross-country drive to make...alone.

Onward.

(I had the strongest desire to end this post with "onward bitches!" I have no idea where that came from lol)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow. This is some thing very amazing. I was in search of such a beautiful writing. Awesome plot and ends very in very simple way. Thank you.

Catninja.org
Wormate-io.com