Thursday, April 30, 2009

Rejection: Cave Canem

I regret to write that you were not selected for admission to Cave Canem’s 2009 retreat. As you know, this year we received an unprecedented number of applications. You may be aware that most fellows attend three retreats; therefore, the number of first-year fellows we can invite is, unfortunately, very small.

I’m sorry to convey disappointing news this year, but hope that your having reached the finalist stage of the invitation process will encourage you to reapply in 2010. Historically, due to limited space, many Cave Canem fellows are accepted only after applying several times.


There are worse things. Carrying on.

2 comments:

Raina said...

Hi there!

I saw your comment on my blog and wanted to say hello! I got rejected from Cave Canem, too. It's the third time. BOOOO! Oh well, like you said, there are worst things. Congrats on UVA. You won't be too far from me, when I'm at VTech, so I must be sure to stay in touch. Anyway, feel free to hit me up via email: raina.fields at gmail.com or on twitter: RainaL or even Facebook.

Best wishes from a fellow poet/MFAer,
Raina Fields

Unknown said...

Winter has returned. I do not like because I can not stand the cold. But wearing loud clothes also quite interesting. I look like a cute bear
www.facebookbaixargratis.com.br